“I can attribute all of my success to a handful of practice philosophies: Maintaining an artistic eye in all my work, always striving for perfection, being honest and safe in everything I do, and staying true to my word. With these points always in mind, the results of great plastic surgery can be a life changing event for many, ranging from improvements in body image to even improved psychosexual health.”
- Tim Neavin, M.D.
Dr. Tim Neavin has advanced training from world renown Beverly Hills plastic surgeons in face lift, rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty revision, and fat grafting, facial remodeling, and beautification surgery for younger adults.
Dr. Neavin also has trained and worked with pioneers and leaders in the field of breast and body surgery including body contouring, liposuction, body lifting, and complex breast surgery. Dr. Neavin has lectured nationally on the topics of the safety of office based surgery, the positive effects of plastic surgery on ones sex life, periorbital beauty, abdominal surgery, and injectables.
Maintaining an honest, and goal oriented relationship with every person is a key in making people happy. The long lasting relationships Dr. Neavin builds with clients is founded on trust, pride, honesty, and caring.
In 2014 Dr. Neavin received the Top 10 Plastic Surgeons in California Award by Vitals.com. The Top 10 Doctors winners represent 39 specialties and more than 2,500 neighborhoods across the country. Vitals visitors leave ratings and reviews for their current doctors on various components of care: bedside manner, follow-up care, ease of appointment setting, courtesy of office staff, and overall appointment experience.
Dr. Timothy Neavin grew up on the East Coast. From a very young age, he had a love for sports and a fascination with the relationship between the arts and sciences. He attended college on a football scholarship as a quarterback.
He graduated college Magna Cum Laude after making the Dean’s list seven consecutive semesters with 27 straight A’s. Dr. Neavin then moved to Philadelphia to attend medical school at the prestigious Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, where he graduated in the top 10% of his class Magna Cum laude.
After earning his Medical Degree in Philadelphia, Dr. Neavin was accepted to the plastic surgery residency straight out of Medical School, a feat that only 70 students in the country achieved. He was recruited by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, one of the largest and most respected plastic surgery training programs in the country where he trained under leaders in the field of body sculpting surgery. Here, Dr. Neavin also utilized his time at the University of Pittsburgh to author and coauthor several publications on aesthetic surgery and present at several regional and national conferences on facial fillers, periorbital beauty, body sculpting, the psychosexual effects of plastic surgery on women, and safety in outpatient plastic surgery.
Dr. Neavin coauthored a lead article in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, “Better Sex from the Knife?” a study looking at the positive influences of plastic surgery on one’s sex life, which gained national media attention and was highlighted on the Today Show.
Dr. Neavin is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the California Medical Association.
Dr. Neavin has full plastic surgery privileges in over 9 hospitals in the Los Angeles area.
Outside medicine, Dr. Neavin has a strong interest in independent film, cooking, and screenwriting. He occasionally lectures for the Paul Mitchell School of Beauty on modern aesthetic ideals.
- Medical School: Jefferson Med College Of Thomas Jefferson University 2002
- Internship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship: Advanced Aesthetic Surgery, Beverly Hills, California
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2009 - “Understanding Beauty”: The Paul Mitchell School of Beauty, Sherman Oaks
2008 – “The Safety of Outpatient Combined Aesthetic Surgery”: ASAPS, San Diego, May 2008
2006 – “Better Sex From the Knife?”: ASAPS, Orlando, April 2006
2006 – Radiesse for Facial Lipoatrophy in the HIV (+) Patient: Resident Research Day, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, June 2, 2006
2006 – “The female breast: A preoccupation among the human condition”: University of Pittsburgh Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, July, 2006
2005 – Quantitatively Defining Attractiveness of the female Periorbital Region, Resident Research Day, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, June 1, 2005
2005 – “Use of Radiesse for facial lipoatrophy in the HIV (+) patient: ASAPS, New Orleans, April 2005
2005 – “Quantitatively Defining Attractiveness of the female Periorbital Region”: Ohio Valley, Aurora,OH May 13, 2005.
2005 – “Soft Tissue Fillers for Facial Augmentation”: University of Pittsburgh Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, January, 2005
2005 – “Traumatic Ear Amputation”: University of Pittsburgh Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, March 2005
2004 – University of Pittsburgh Morbidity and Mortality Conference (monthly presentations)
2004 – Robert Ivy Society, Philadelphia 3/27 “Better Sex From the Knife? An Intimate Look at the Influence of Cosmetic Surgery on Sex”: Robert Ivy Society, Philadelphia, 3/27/04
2002 – The “Components Separation” Method for the Repair of Abdominal Wall Defects: A Retrospective Analysis of Reconstructive Success”: ASPS, San Antonio November 3, 2002
2001 – The “Components Separation” Method for the Repair of Abdominal Wall Defects: A Retrospective Analysis of Reconstructive Success: Robert Ivy Society
Timothy Neavin, MD; Ronit Wollstein, MD “Dorsal Dislocation of the Lunate with Distal Radius Fracture” Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (accepted for publication 2008)
Hurwitz DJ, Neavin T, Body Contouring of the Arms and Brachioplasty, Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 2007; 39; 1-5.
Hurwitz Dj, Neavin T. “The L-Brachioplasty” for Clinics of Plastic Surgery edited by Al Aly
Guy M. Stofman, MD; Timothy S. Neavin, MD; Praful M. Ramineni, MD . “Better Sex From the Knife? An Intimate Look at the Effects of Cosmetic Surgery on Sexual Practices” Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 26, Issue 1, 1 January 2006, Pages 12-17
Hurwitz DJ, Neavin T, “Brachioplasty in Advances in Aesthetic Surgery” edited by Aston S, Reese T, Theime Medical Publishers, New York
Anderson DW, Neavin T, Smith JA, Schneider JS “Neuroprotective effects of pramipexole in young and aged MPTP-treated mice.” Brain Res 2001, 905:44-53
Dr. Neavin has full plastic surgery privileges in the following hospitals where he frequently takes emergency room call for hand and face trauma, and delivers care to complex wounds:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- St. John’s Hospital, Santa Monica
- Olympia Hospital, Los Angeles
- Beverly Hospital, Montebello
- Queen of the Valley Hospital, West Covina
- Intercommunity Hospital of Citrus Valley, West Covina
- Foothills Presbyterian Hospital, Glendora
- Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital, Hollywood
- Barlow Respiratory Hospital, Los Angeles
- Brotman Medical Center, Culver City
- Temple Community Hospital, Los Angeles
- Vista Hospital, Los Angeles
- I personally know several plastic surgeons in Los Angeles but I was referred to Dr. Tim Neavin by a friend who said I just had to go see him. I did and it was the best decision I've ever made. Dr. Neavin is equal parts trustworthy professional, skillful artist and caring doctor. I went to see him to discuss injectables and fillers. Dr. Neavin spent time with me describing the options available to me, showed me pictures of other patient's procedures and discussed my expectations. He even told me there were things I was considering that I did not have to do to my face. I like that he erred on the conservative side.Dr. Neavin's dedication and commitment to his patients extends far beyond your appointment time and the obvious things. Prior to my procedure, I had several follow-up questions that I emailed to him. He not only emailed me back but called me to discuss as well. I know I wasn't having major plastic surgery but I was anxious about doing fillers and my questions were important to me and Dr. Neavin is the type of doctor who recognizes the validity of all of his patients' concerns, regardless of how big or small the procedure is.There are dozens of plastic surgeon options in LA and Beverly Hills, but Dr. Neavin is at the top of my list. I won't go to anyone else. Oh, and an extra bonus: his consultations are free. Further proof of his commitment to his future patient's best interests over his own interests.
- Today is a month since my surgery… Lovin the results and enjoying life!!! Dr. Neavin You’re the best!P.R.
- STIM therapy is a remarkable procedure. Two weeks after injection, I measured myself and gained half an inch in length, roughly the same in girth. In addition, both ease in achieving erection and sensation have increased dramatically. A few days ago which was about 3 weeks after injections, I was able to have sex with my girlfriend 4 times in the same day. I don't recall ever being able to do that. I would highly recommend this procedure to anyone experiencing difficulties with sex or just wish to improve their sex life.A.S. 28 year old man
- Two of my closest friends and I have had cosmetic procedures performed by Dr. Neavin. He is an ARTISTIC GENIUS-- and one of the nicest, caring, sincere doctors I have ever met. Not egotistical....He won't try to sell his services - just will tell you the honest truth! After interviewing several others -- We all chose Dr. Neavin and were subtly transformed! He has given us back the confidence we had in our younger years. I love my neck! Don't have to hide on Thanksgiving anymore--My profile is restored! My jowls are gone and my eyelids aren't sagging:)) Highly recommended. You won't be sorry. Have a consultation before you choose another! I look "rested" and not pulled and unnatural!
- I always was a little self-conscious over my body image. So I decided to do something about it. I saw Dr. Tim, who was recommended to me by a friend, for a breast augmentation consult. Dr. Tim was very professional and knowledgeable for my plan of care, along with being very skilled as a surgeon. I am very happy with my new look and my new attire! Thanks Dr. TimAmber K.
- I have the propensity to be a perfectionist and I have very specific desires. Dr Neavin not only got me the results I wanted but he exceeded my expectations. From the initial consult he was amicable and honest and listened to me carefully. He's not after making a profit but more concerned about achieving great results. If there is a procedure that you want but don't really need, he will tell you so. I would refer him to anyone and plan on taking my mother to him very soon. He's helped me become a slimmer, more rejuvenated version of myself.Mirella C.Los Angeles, CA